Friday, September 4, 2009

Monday, June 22—Day 61

Sixty days! Two months! (Paul mis-numbered his entries, so yesterday was actually the big day.)

Two months of walking all day with a pack on my back. Two months of sleeping in a tent and going to the bathroom outside. Two months of beard on my face and two months of hair on my head. We’ve come 877 miles, and we’re feeling good.
Nothing too exciting today. We hiked ten miles to Selden Pass, crossed over the top, and put in another thirteen to the Bear Ridge Trail Junction. Five and a half more took us through swampy muck to a road, and another four or so finally brought us into Vermillion Valley Resort right before dark. A big day. The guy running the store gave us each a free beer, and we picked up our box and sorted our food by headlamp light on the porch.

There were about ten minutes where I had all of us believe that I’d left my bear canister at the top of Selden Pass, before I discovered it under my pack, where I’d left it and forgotten about it not long before. Smart.

There’s a bonfire and hikers are drinking around it and yelling. This is not a problem for me, because I can sleep through anything, and I’m real tired. ‘Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment